Getting a PhD
- Author : John Finn
- Published : 2005-05-11
- Publisher : Taylor and Francis
- ISBN : 9781134284160
- Number of Pages : 160 Pages
- Category : Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Higher education > Academic degrees, Education > Study Skills, Education > Vocational Guidance, Education > Higher, Education > Adult & Continuing Education, Education > Special Education, Education > Research, Education > Students & Student Life, Self-Help
Reader Ratings & Reviews
This highly practical guide provides information that will help research students avoid needless mistakes. It informs and advises you about many of the important facets of postgraduate research, including:
- what it means to conduct research at doctoral level
- the requirements for independence, contribution to knowledge, originality and suitability for publication
- planning a research project over a period of time
- responsible research practice
- criteria used in the examination of a PhD.
Getting a PhD is an essential handbook for PhD students and provides plenty of useful advice for Masters students or undergraduates conducting a research project.